Saturday, June 27, 2015

Most Played Songs Of June

Hello lovelies! I know I've been really bad about posting lately, sorry! I'm dealing with a lot at the moment so it's hard to focus on writing things to post. I thought that I would post this so that I at least posted something! Fear not though, I do have some fun posts on the way...whenever I'm able to finish them.

Also I am SO happy that same sex marriage is legal everywhere in the United States! I honestly never thought that I would see the day, but I am ecstatic. I am a huge supporter of gay rights, I have a gay relative as well as some gay/transgendered friends. I am so happy that they are finally able to marry whomever they choose. It's about damn time that they have the basic human right that everyone else had! Finally, someone at the supreme court stopped being ignorant.

Anyway, I listened to a LOT of music to try to calm my nerves this month, so here are the songs I listened to the most as well as some bonus picks for you all to check out.

1. Crystal Kay - Motherland





This song is from the original Fullmetal Alchemist anime, it was a closing song. I love it so much, it is such a beautiful song. It tends to mellow me out so I was listening to it a lot.

2. Mika Nakashima - Glamorous Sky





This song is from the Nana live action movie. It is one of my favorite Japanese songs. This month I dug through all of my Japanese music and added more of the older ones to my ipod. I love belting out to this one so I heard it a lot in the shower this month.

3. New Years Day - The Joker




NYD is one of my favorite bands. I also realized this month that this song reminds me a lot of a person that wronged me. It helped with my rage a lot xD.


4. Black Butler Book of Circus - All Around Player


[I couldn't find a version of just this song, so here's the whole soundtrack. This song is #2 on this video]

I listened to the Black Butler/Kushitsuji OSTs on repeat a lot while reading this month and I have done a LOT if reading this month. This one stuck out to me a lot.


5.  Skye Sweetnam - Number One




In May, I found my giant CD case containing all of my CDs. This one was in there. When I was in middle school, I was obsessed with this album. My best friend at the time burned me a copy and I listened to it on my long bus rides home. This was back before iPods existed. I decided to upload this album to my  ipod for nostalgia's sake and I had listened to this song in particular a lot.


6. Iced Earth - Phantom Opera Ghost



This song is pure badass. It's an old love of mine. Iced Earth is this theatrical metal band. They do lots of long, jam session like theatrical songs. All of the songs I've heard by them have been based upon stories.

This particular song is based on The Phantom of the Opera (one of my favorite movies). The lead singer of the band sings as Eric (the phantom) and a female singer (I don't know her name) sings as Christine. I was first introduced to this song many years ago while I was watching anime videos on YouTube. Someone did a Bleach cosplay skit of Hollow Ichigo and Rukia to this song. To this day I wish I could find that video again.

This is one of those songs that I can leave on for an hour on repeat and still be cool with it, so I listened to it a lot.


7. The Used - Pretty Handsome Awkward



I had a very frustrating month and this is a pretty angry song. It comes from my favorite The Used album, which I rediscovered in May after not listening to it for a long time.

8. Alesana - The Thespian




This is my favorite Alesana song. Shawn Milke has such a beautiful voice and Dennis Lee's voice is a good contrast. Anyway this song is just badass, whenever I'm irritated I just want to blast music with lots of screaming.


9. Three Days Grace - Riot




Gee can you guys tell I was frustrated? This song kind of summed up how I had been feeling and it was really therapeutic to listen to. This is one of my favorite Three Days Grace songs.


10. My Chemical Romance - Demolition Lovers




My favorite band ever. I was listening to their album, I Brought You Bullets You Brought Me Your Love a lot this month. It is their first album. I don't listen to it as much as I listen to Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge or The Black Parade so when I needed the comfort of these wonderful human beings, I listened to this album. I love Demolition Lovers, it's like 2 songs in one. It's calm yet gets intense. I just love it so much.


11. 2 PM - Take Off



This is my JAM! One of my feel good songs. This is one of the EDs for Blue Exorcist. I love listening to this in the car, especially on the highway. It makes me feel like I'm in the closing animation! I once was listening to it in a car, on the highway while it was getting dark out. I totally felt like I was in the anime.

12. Bad Wolf - A Better World



I can't remember if I've mentioned Bad Wolf here before. But I love this band so much. I discovered them because I was following both the lead singer and bassist on Instagram for different reasons...and I discovered they were in the same band! I checked them out and instantly fell in love. Their music is wonderful. Of course their band name was taken from Doctor Who. This particular song features the model/cosplayer/singer Traci Hines (she is the BEST Ariel cosplayer. Check her out) and was inspired by the Hunger Games books. It is such a beautiful song. I would love to cover it someday.

Bonus Picks:


AFI - Beautiful Thieves 




AFI- Girls Not Grey





I honestly had a really hard time choosing which AFI song to recommend to you guys! I love AFI so much. So I chose two songs for you, a newer one and an older one. Beautiful Thieves is my favorite from the Crash Love album. Not their best album but still good! It's just a chill song and it calms me. Girls Not Grey is a classic. It is one of their best songs. I discovered AFI when Decemberunderground first came out, when Miss Murder and Love Like Winter were popular. I became totally obsessed with those songs and Kill Caustic...so naturally I had to download their entire song catalog. Then I listened to them so much my parents became fans too.


The Academy Is... - We've Got a Big Mess



The Academy Is... is an awesome band, sadly they broke up some years ago. William Beckett, the lead singer has such a beautiful and unique voice. This was the very first song I ever heard from this band. Back before when the music channel, Fuse played good music they used to play the video for this one all the time. Oh how I miss the old Fuse ;____;. Those were some good times.


Sister Sin - On Parole




This is a really good song. I listened to a lot of songs I listened to back in middle school/early high school years this month. Honestly it was my favorite era for alternative/rock/metal music especially the 2006ish time frame. This is just one of those old songs hiding out on my computer. It's pretty unique, I've never heard a female singer with a voice quite like this one.



Anyway, there's some music for you all to check out. What have you all been listening to this month? Comment and let me know.

Xoxo

Moon Prism Power, Makeup!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you. Hope you can get better. I'm sure there's nothing I can do but nice list. I'm just glad to see you somewhere. Besides instagram that is.

    ReplyDelete