Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Tokyo Otaku Mode Premium Shop Review + GOT Finale Thoughts

Hi everyone! I apologize for my lack of posts. I have been dealing with a lot of things and have been extremely stressed. My life for three months now has been complete hell. It has been an extremely difficult time. I'm more focused on trying to get my health back to normal than anything else at the moment. So for anyone that didn't see my series of tweets on Friday evening, I am taking a break from twitter. I'm sure I'll return before you know it!


Warning: Game of Thrones spoilers below. The highlighted spoiler alerts are there so those of you that haven't seen the finale can scroll past the spoilers.

Spoiler Alert:

Okay who saw the Game of Thrones finale?? I am STILL fuming!!! What the fuck HBO?  I can't believe that they killed off Jon ;_____;. I literally was crying and throwing things across the room when it happened. After Daenerys, Jon was my favorite character. Seriously....WHAT THE FUCK!!! I'm sure I'm not the only pissed off fangirl. I knew that there would be a shocking death in the finale because we didn't really have any this season. But DAMN did we get some shocking deaths in this episode.

I was kind of sad that Ellaria killed Myrcella. Even though she seemed like a brat (granted she IS Cersei's daughter), she hadn't done anything to make me hate her. I was kind of looking forward to her going home and seeing what would happen with her there, if she would turn out like her mother or not. I'm fairly mad about not seeing Margaery in the finale. I was hoping to see what was going to happen to her. Plus I LOVE her so I am always happy to see her.

I was very happy about what happened to Cersei, I laughed a lot and smiled the whole time. She really did deserve all of that. Lena Headey is a wonderful actress, I can't imagine that that was an easy scene to pull off.  I'm so happy that karma finally got her ass. I also wonder who her new knight is. I hope Arya will be alright, her going blind was a gigantic holy shit moment for me, being a non reader of the GOT books. I have tried to read the books. I made it halfway through the first one. But to me they are so dryly written. Nothing against George R.R. Martin, he truly is telling a fantastic story...I just can't handle his writing style. Luckily there are some cool youtubers out there that compare the books and the show for those of us that can't read the books so I do get some additional information.

I have heard a lot of people hoping for Lady Stoneheart or another character carrying on her storyline. I do know a TINY bit about that, but not much. That didn't happen in the finale, maybe next season. I was absolutely convinced that Benjen Stark  would really return at some point in season 5.

Sansa!!!! I really couldn't care less about Reek but Sansa had better be alive next season. I want to see badass Sansa kicking some ass. Not this forever victim, weakling Sansa. And Daenerys running into the Dothraki again, wow! I definitely didn't expect that. I was very happy about what happened to Stannis. Him allowing Shireen to be burned alive broke my heart, I don't even think the red wedding destroyed me as much as that scene in episode 9 of this season did. He really did deserve it, I did have a feeling that eventually him following Melisandre's every command would screw him over in the end.


Now it's time for me to go weep because we have to wait until next March/April for more episodes ;__________; 10 weeks went by way too quickly.

End Spoiler alert

Onto the point of the post!

Disclaimer: I wrote this review of my own free will. Absolutely no one asked me to write it. I just wanted to share my experience for those that are wary. I was not bribed or paid to write this. All opinions are my own.

 While browsing online I discovered a new (to me anyway) site called Tokyo Otaku Mode. It is an online store that sells various anime merchandise and items from Japan. They are having a promotion where if you sign up via referral link, you will get 10 points ($10) to spend.

Here is my link if anyone wants to sign up:

https://otakumode.com/invite/4800a3

 Again- you only get the points when you sign up via referral.

If you confirm your email you also get a $5 coupon. The best part: you can use either one of these without having to buy a certain amount (I hate when stores make you spend a certain amount to use points/perks you have earned) . For new users there is also free shipping on certain items. So how was my experience with them?

I signed up through a referral I saw on reddit and indeed I received the points and the coupon. Just a note you can't use both on the same order, it's just one or the other.

I found an item with free shipping and went to buy it. I typically buy all of my otaku goods/nerd things from Amazon or Hot Topic. But the offer of free stuff was way too tempting to pass up.

Stupidly I used the $5 coupon instead of the $10 in points...I wasn't aware until after I placed my order that the free shipping on certain items only applied to new users. I thought that I would be able to use the $5 AND the $10 in separate transactions to get some things totally free. Oh well! At least I got something. I am a little miffed at myself though...I really wanted to order a Grell keychain too.

What is nice is with every item on their site, it will show you how many are in stock. It does make me a little wary though of ordering something with just 1 or 2 in stock. But that is something I haven't really seen on any other website.

They also seem to have a decent selection of products. I saw some cool things like Inuyasha and Sword Art Online memo pads that I have never seen anywhere else

I ordered a Kirito keychain for $4.99 and it had free shipping for new users. I'm unsure of the pricing for other items, but this was a really good deal. The same keychain was about $7 on Amazon. Hot Topic usually prices their anime keychains around $7-$10. I have never ordered from Right Stuf (they're another online store that sells anime and Japan related goods. They are extremely popular), but someday I hope to try them out! Then maybe I can compare these two shops.

I used the $5 coupon and I didn't have to pay a cent. Even though my order was free, they did still make me provide payment information. That did make me a little nervous that my debit card may get charged some ridiculous shipping fee. I checked my bank account after my order shipped and I wasn't charged a thing. They do accept paypal as a payment method. However, I tried to purchase this item with my paypal as the payment option and it wouldn't allow it for some reason. I had no other problems otherwise. Their website is also safe and secure.

I placed my order on a Friday afternoon and it shipped the following Monday afternoon. The website promises orders will ship in 1-2 business days and they were true to their word! It shipped via USPS from their California warehouse (they ship certain items from Japan apparently). They sent me a shipping confirmation email that included tracking. I HATE when I order something online and don't get tracking. Hence why every time I order from Jolse I pay the extra $2 to track my order. I don't want my shit getting lost! (I actually had an incident where usps lost my Jolse package...it would've been gone had I not payed for tracking).


It took 3 days to arrive here in Connecticut which is pretty impressive! Half the time when I order something online and it ships via USPS it can take up to a week to arrive.





When I got the box my order came in, I had to laugh to myself. It was a very large box for the small thing that I ordered. I also saw that they shipped my order via 2 day priority. I highly appreciate when people ship my orders that way instead of using the cheapest method possible.

If my mailwoman...yes I said woman didn't know that I was a nerd already...she does now! The boxes that TOM ships orders in has their logo all over it and the phrase "Otaku life" all over the place. I love it though, I'm proud of my otaku status!!

No I didn't order a book. That's just there to cover my address. I don't need stalkers .____. there are some seriously creepy people out there (probably including me. Hehehe). I'm currently re-reading the Fruits Basket series!




When I opened the box, I saw why they chose to send it in one of that size. They put my order summary form in a really cool folder! Please ignore the glare on the folder. It is SUPER shiny and difficult to photograph.



The back of the folder

Seriously, look at that artwork. They also included a thank you card with beautiful artwork and a button. I forgot to take a picture of the card. Oops!



My keychain was at the bottom, not only in original packaging but wrapped again and taped to the bottom so it wouldn't be floating around.



Kawaii Kirito!!! 


Overall, I am extremely satisfied with my experience with Tokyo Otaku Mode. If their shipping prices aren't outrageous I would definitely buy from them again. For me, shipping prices can be a deal breaker. I think their shipping prices vary by order, as I did not see a fixed shipping price anywhere. They do have the option of free shipping when you spend a certain amount...but I think that amount is something like $100.

 I am so very happy with my order, I highly recommend that you try them out!


Xoxo

Moon prism power, makeup!

1 comment:

  1. Hi. Nice to see you around somewhere. You know I'd help if I could. Like a hug. heh heh

    Seriously though. Don't watch GoT but I don't have HBO.

    Nice order though. I'm not big on the word Otaku though. Don't like it. But looks like a nice thing though.

    Hope you can get better. I found something you may like I left it on other social networks.

    See you soon hopefully.

    ReplyDelete