Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Most played songs of April

Hello my darlings! I have you all had a wonderful weekend and a lovely Monday. I spent most of my weekend reading and watching anime. I started watching more of Sailor Moon Sailor Stars! I had watched the first 8 or so episodes some time ago but never got to finish. I'm hoping the videos don't get removed before I finish the season. This is the only Sailor Moon season that I never got to see before, since it was never released in the US (I seriously can not wait for Viz to finally release it). I also finally finished the entirety of the Sailor Moon manga last week! I have been trying to read that manga for literally years and I finally finished it. Though I read the manga, Sailor Stars isn't what I expected so far. It's totally different from any other season. It focuses more on the Senshi's personal lives and school lives. I think it's pretty cool though that we get to see that side of them instead of just them plotting against the enemy of the season. I was DYING at Sailor Star Maker's "Star Gentle Uterus" attack...yes guys, I shit you not. Her attack is gentle uterus. What even!!? So far I am loving Sailor Star Healer out of the star lights.

I spent my weekend reading a fanfiction as well. I decided to start re-reading my favorite fanfiction and it just consumed me again!! It is a Kakashi one and it's ongoing. If anyone wants to check it out, you can here: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8555031/1/The-Saga-of-Sakumo . I also had an exciting venture in trying to make my own Passion tea lemonade like the kind that Starbucks sells. I'm not sure how the one I made compares (it's been a few years since I have gone to a Starbucks) but the one I made was SO good!! If anyone is interested I can share the recipe ^_^.

And before I get to the point of today's post, I made an account on MyAnimeList...or rather I remembered that I had an account and I updated it xD. For those that don't know, MyAnimeList is a site where you can keep track of all of the animes you've seen and all of the manga that you've read. I have seen/read a lot in my life time so I am still working at updating these lists. If you want to check out my profile, you can at: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Lipstickzombie


Anyway...the point of why I am posting!!

I haven't done one of these posts in so long! I listened to a lot of music in April, preparing for my birthday and because I was reading a lot. So here are the songs I was listening to the most!

1. Crazy Crazy Rainbow Star - One Piece Anime 




Okay, I have no idea who sings this song. I just know that it is an opening song for the One Piece anime. I tend to fall asleep around the time that One Piece airs on Toonami. More often than not I fall asleep as I hear this song. It's literally been stuck in my head for a month. But I love it! Crazy crazy rainbow star, twinkle twinkle rainbow star!

2. Juliet - Emilie Autumn






3. Rapunzel - Emilie Autumn




Both Juliet and Rapunzel are the result of me listening to a LOT of Emilie Autumn while planning my birthday party. Emilie Autumn is a very unusual artist who does "victorian industrial" music. Her album Enchant which has Rapunzel and Juliet on it is a renaissance era/fairy tale based album. It's beautiful and I love both songs so much. She is also a very talented violinist, which is why she uses so much violin in her songs. I just love her music so much. Admittedly she's a small part of the reason why I named my cat Autumn.

4. Decretum  - Madoka Magica OST




I listened to the Madoka Magica OST a lot, especially when going to sleep. This song is beautiful and just really stuck out to me...so of course I'd have to play it like 5 times a day.

5. The Slightly Chipped Full Moon - Kuroshitsuji II OST





Amidst my party planning I realized that I didn't have the soundtrack for this season! Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler is one of my favorite animes and I love the soundtrack. This song turned out to be my favorite from it and I became rather obsessed.

6. I'm Just Your Problem - Rock version from Adventure Time 




It's no secret, I love Adventure Time. I'm Just Your Problem is a song Marceline sings aimed at Princess Bubblegum in an episode. There is a rock version of this song . I love it so much, I had a resurgence of love for this song in April.

7. Because - The Beatles




I am a huge Beatles fan. When I could use a smile or just chill music I listen to them. Because is one of my favorite Beatles songs. For quite a few days I had this song on repeat because it's so calming.

8. Strawberry Fields Forever - The Beatles



Another Beatles song I love. This was due to many nights reading and listening to their music

9. Green Day - Give Me Novacaine



I listened to a lot of Green Day in April. I had been dealing with some health issues and it was very frustrating and depressing me. Green Day's music just sort of helped me to drown that out. I'm a huge Green Day fan. If I'm having a bad day, I tend to end up listening to this song because at times I can relate to it a lot.

10. Green Day - Misery



This is an old favorite Green Day song. Amidst my many GD listens I re-discovered this song. It's one of their more obscure songs which I love so much. It also tells a story.

11. Doki Doki Morning - Babymetal



I love Babymetal. To those that don't know, Babymetal is a Japanese band that combines metal music with idol pop music. It is the oddest thing I have ever heard yet it's totally badass.  I listen to them a lot and this is my favorite song of theirs. I often like to listen to it when I get out of the shower...often singing into my comb to it xD.

12. Gwen Stefani - Hollaback Girl



Don't ask the reasoning behind this one xD, because I don't even know!

13. Fleetwood Mac - Go Your Own Way



I used to HATE Fleetwood Mac (I know, what the hell??!)...but  have always loved Stevie Nicks. I started listening to them more and Go Your Own Way is a fantastic song. It reminds me of my dad (he loved Fleetwood Mac) and I just found myself listening to it a lot.

14. Kill Paradise - Candy Land Wedding



I randomly had this song on my ipod. Okay, technically not during April but I had this song on repeat for two hours one night because it's so damn catchy and chill. I've been listening to it a lot lately while I'm reading. This is one of the surviving songs from my scene kid phase.

15. My Chemical Romance - The Light Behind Your Eyes



I love this song <3.  My Chemical Romance is my favorite band of all time. Their music always, always helps me. When I was having issues last month, I listened to this and "The World Is Ugly" and it made me feel better.

What songs have you all been listening to a lot lately? Comment and let me know!

Xoxo
Moon prism power, makeup!

1 comment:

  1. You certainly have varied tastes. You can see mine at Youtube. Interesting list though.

    ReplyDelete