Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Halloween Countdown: Heather's Top Halloween Movies

Hello my darlings! Though you probably didn't enjoy reading about my suffering, I hope you at least learned something from my last post.

YES! It is finally that time of year! I officially have begun decorating my home for Halloween. I can't wait until I'm feeling well enough to pull out the rest of my decorations. Though I don't need to decorate as much this year because a lot of my decorations got kept up from last year xD. Anyway, here is some of what I have out so far:

Taken from my Instagram


And I have these really cute leaf candles that I put in water to float around. I am loving them so much, they're so pretty that I'm afraid to light them!

Also taken from my Instagram
I'm hoping to continue to update and show you all my decorations as they go up. I know some of my online friends would die to come see my house around Halloween. Ahh fall, I love it so much *^*. It is my favorite season and of course I love Halloween so much. My favorite thing about living in New England is the fall leaves. It is absolutely beautiful here! I love the way my house looks when the leaves begin to fall, I have a large front yard and trees that surround my house so I have beautiful leaves everywhere. I just love fall so so much.

Fall, last year.


Fall is the one time of year I can totally be myself and not get treated like a freak or get odd looks when I go out. Even in April, I'll dress like it's Halloween. I just go all out spooky for October.

To kick off my celebration of this most wonderful spooky season on this blog, I thought I would discuss my list of essential Halloween movies. These are movies I absolutely HAVE to watch as Halloween draws near. Every September and October I have horror movie binge watching marathons. I watch a TON of movies, but this list are the top that I save for closer to Halloween.

 I am hoping (though I promise nothing) to post a lot more often with Halloween themed posts from discussing costumes, to makeup tips to DIY decor and even recipes. It all depends on the time I have and if I remember to actually update. I will do my very best though, after all I am the creepy queen.

Anyway, here are my top 5 movies for Halloween. I'm sure I've discussed some of these before, but who cares.


Hocus Pocus




It's all a bunch of hocus pocus!! 

I am a sucker for witch movies, after all I am one (I am a practitioner of Wicca. I consider myself a witch and I have a coven.  Maybe I'll do a post on this if anyone is interested but I've honestly been a bit afraid to do a post about it all). I have been watching Hocus Pocus ever since I was a little kid. I've always wanted a black flame candle as well, though I wouldn't care if the Sanderson sisters showed up. I'd love to hang with them. Hocus Pocus is really the ultimate Halloween film that people of any age can watch. It takes place on Halloween. It has witches, zombies, ghosts and a talking black cat. Plus the beautiful scenery. It really is perfection. I find myself watching this movie many times during the season.


Trick r Treat



One of my favorite horror movies. Trick r Treat is an anthology horror film with a bunch of intertwining stories revolving around Halloween. It is the ultimate Halloween film and has everything. It truly captures the spirit of Halloween. And literally has the spirit of Halloween, this cute little nugget named Sam...who murders people.

I would hug him...if he wasn't going to stab me with his lollipop.


A sequel has been in the works for several years now and I absolutely can not wait for it! The creator of Trick r Treat is coming out with the movie Krampus, which is supposed to be a holiday horror film about the famed Krampus. I can't wait to see that one either.


Halloween - Rob Zombie's and the original



I love both the original Halloween and Rob Zombie's remake. The original is a classic. Nothing can beat the classics. For those that live under a rock, Halloween is about Michael Myers who killed his family as a child escaping from the mental hospital and going on a killing rampage on Halloween night. Laurie Strode (who SPOILER turns out to be his baby sister) played by the wonderful and original scream queen, Jamie Lee Curtis is his main target. They just don't make movies like Halloween anymore.




As for the remake, I love the re-imagining of it. I love how Rob Zombie brought in the back story of Michael and showed a new side of him while also keeping the spirit of the original film. But Scout Taylor Compton as Laurie Strode's screaming and whining makes me want to strangle her.  Both in my opinion are must watches on Halloween. Though I DO favor watching the original on Halloween night.

Rob Zombie has a horror movie coming out called 31 and I absolutely can not wait to see it!

Nightmare Before Christmas




This is Halloween, this is Halloween.

Okay, let's be real. How can we talk about Halloween movies and NOT include this classic??? I have watched Nightmare Before Christmas ever since I was a baby. What's great about this movie is you can watch it for two holidays...which I make sure to do. Jack Skellington is one of the most well known symbols of Halloween in Pop Culture. Tim Burton is a mastermind for Halloween, almost all of his movies are perfect for the season. It doesn't feel like Halloween to me without this film and I just wish I could visit Halloween town. Fuck Edward and Bella, I want to be Jack and Sally. Tim Burton is coming out with a sequel to Beetlejuice (YAAASSSS), though I'm not sure how long it will be until it comes out.



Some other movies I love watching for Halloween time include The Conjuring, the Chucky movies (save for maybe Seed of Chucky. That movie was a train wreak), Evil Dead, Nightmare on Elm Street and Ginger Snaps. What are your favorite Halloween movies? Comment and let me know. Until next time!

Xoxo

Stay creepy!



7 comments:

  1. Nice selection. I may not be big on horror movies but I'm glad you're happy now. I know you'd like this season.

    Not surprised you'd like some of those movies. So here's an appropriate quote.

    ♪We can live like Jack and Sally if we want
    And we'll have Halloween on Christmas♪

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Though not sure if I'll be able to fully appreciate it as much as I usually do. Ahh Blink 182!! I love that song.

      Delete
    2. I knew you would. Give me a shot and I could sing it for you. ...In person. I sound weird over things/recorded.

      Delete
  2. You are the Halloween Queen in my mind! I can't wait to see more of your preparations. You make it so festive and fun; it helps me cope with the depressing end of summer lol. As for my favorite movies, I haven't really seen any! I'm too squeamish for the scary/gory depiction of Halloween. I prefer the cutesy version with little ghosties and bats and stuff! XD And yes, I'd be very interested in a blog about witches if you're comfortable to write about it. I know nothing about Wicca and covens, but I'd love to be schooled on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, my dear!!! Thank you so much for commenting! ^_^ <3. Thank you! I like to think that I'm the Halloween queen, though I'm sure there are those spookier than I. I'm going to do my very best to update with lots of content through the end of October. Really? You haven't even seen anything like Hocus Pocus or Nightmare Before Christmas? There are plenty of non scary Halloween movies!! Should I post a list of non scary Halloween movies? Lol I like cutesy ghosties too but I do prefer the creepy. Creepy is my life xD. Aww yay! I am definitely going to consider writing it since you're interested. I just don't want anyone to judge me with it you know? If I don't end up posting about it, I can write a special post just for you and send you it.

      Delete
    2. Lol a list would be awesome! Please enlighten me and I'll watch them for homework. And yeah I totally understand being worried about judgment. A private message would be just dandy if that's what you'd prefer. Just remember there is endless power in giving zero fucks XD

      Delete
    3. I've got you, one is in the works ^_^. Though it's taking me a bit of time to decide which are family friendly and which are not xD....I have zero sensitivity when it comes to scary movies. Lol I tend not to give a shit what anyone thinks but it's those that are friends who's reactions I worry about, you know? It isn't a thing that the average person is educated in and many people (ie Christian faith or Catholic faith) think that we're satanists or that we eat babies and fly on brooms. Wiccans are very peaceful people! I'll either post a post here or send you it ^^ Hope you enjoy tomorrow's post, I just spent like 3 hours working on it x__x lol. I also have a fun DIY post in the works but I need to get some more supplies to actually finish the project.

      Delete