Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Getting to know me!

Hello my lovelies! 

Before I get started on an actual, legit post on some topic I thought it would be best for me to discuss myself with you all so you can get to know me. I'm sure that my future posts will be easier to understand when knowing some things about me.

Me with my Kakashi plushie. To say I'm a major Kakashi fangirl is an understatement.


My name is Heather, I am 21 years old. I am a makeup artist and a HUGE nerd. I went to cosmetology school right after graduating high school and I took a course on makeup artistry. I do a range of different types of beauty makeup, I mostly get hired for proms and Halloween. I am considering returning to be an esthetician as well, as I have a love of skincare. I am a self trained special effects makeup artist. I am still considered an ameture, but I'm constantly learning and improving my skills. I love doing any sort of creepy or gory makeup. 

My dream is to go to a special effects makeup school to learn everything I can. My ultimate dream is to do makeup in horror movies. 

I love anime - I pretty much always have. I assisted with the bring back Toonami movement and I am an active Toonami Faithful. I met a lot of awesome people on twitter during that time period and it made me a total otaku. I love horror movies, anything super creepy or gory makes me happy. I tend to laugh at movies and try to analyze the effects while the people I'm with are cringing and hiding in terror.

I watch a lot of tv and movies (I'm not entirely sure that's a good thing ^_^'). Some of my favorite shows (non - anime) include Game of Thrones, American Horror Story, Adventure Time, Once Upon a Time, The Walking Dead, ABC Family dramas, Bob's Burgers and Modern Family. I love Doctor Who though it isn't as much of a favorite as it used to be.

My favorite movie is The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Music is another passion of mine. I listen to pretty much everything but country, rap and hip hop. I mostly listen to rock, metal, punk and alternative. I listen to a lot of classical music and anime soundtracks. I also love showtunes (aka music from broadway plays).

I am a singer, though nowhere near as good as I used to be. I took chorus classes for 6 years in middle school and high school. I'm a soprano. I record covers of songs sometimes.

I love fashion - which will be a chunk of what this blog is about. I don't like trendy fashion or anything popular. I like my own fashion. I don't play by any sort of rules or dress a certain way because it's "in". I am constantly buying new jewelry and accessories to wear and I like putting different looks together. I love doing closet cosplays.

I hope you enjoyed this post! Any questions? Comment below! ^___^
Thanks for reading!

Xoxo
Moon prism power makeup!

PS: Are you liking my little sign off?? I thought it would be fun to do, especially since I'm a huge Sailor Moon fan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment