Saturday, January 24, 2015

January Lust List : DVDs

Hi everyone! As you remember (because I wouldn't shut up about it) I had a poll on one of my last posts to help me choose the next topic. Thank you so much to the two people that voted, you're awesome ^_^!! As requested, I am writing today about the 12 (with two bonuses) movies and shows on my wishlist that I am lusting over this month. I say DVD because I'm behind the times and still don't own a Bluray player (I know, so sad ;__;) This is in no particular order.






1. Hellsing Ultimate Vols 9 and 10 Bluray & DVD combo pack
I already own Hellsing Ultimate volumes 1-8, but the price of 9 and 10 has been too steep for me to justify getting just yet. I want this set so much to complete my collection. It had two of the most badass episodes of the series. Note: Amazon has stopped selling this themselves because of an apparent problem with the stock. The price has skyrocketed. I hope it'll be back and cheaper soon!!


2. The Purge 2, Purge: Anarchy
I loved the first Purge movie and I've been dying to see this one. I have heard that it's everything the first movie should have been. It was towards the top of my Christmas list, but I never got it.


3. Annabelle
I am a big fan of the Warrens. I absolutely loved The Conjuring so of course I had to check this out. I actually just watched it last night and I loved it! It wasn't as good as The Conjuring was but pretty damn close! I can't wait until The Conjuring 2 comes out, as of right now it isn't scheduled to be released until next year. 


4. Maleficent
I saw this in the theater and loved it. Maleficent has always been one of my favorite Disney villains. Angelina Jolie was SO fierce and badass in this movie and I love that Disney didn't make it well, a typical Disney movie.






5. Adventure Time season 4
Adventure Time is one of my many favorite shows. I don't own any of the seasons and would actually love to own them all. I chose season 4 for this list because Netflix doesn't have it and it contains of my favorite episodes: Fionna and Cake. I LOVE the Fionna and Cake episodes. I wish Cartoon Network would make us a spinoff or at least give us more than one of their episodes a year.


6. Descendants of Darkness vols 1 and 4
Also known as Yami no Matsuei. It is a lesser known anime series that I discovered while I was in middle school. My best friend and I were obsessed with this show, she owned volume 4 so we would have marathons of both of our collections whenever we had sleepovers. It's about an organization that handles the processing of souls after death. The main character Tsuzuki Asato and then his partner Hisoka Kurosaki are shinigami that work for the judgement division of the organization, having to get the dead people and bring them to trial for judgement of how they lived their lives. Tsuzuki and Hisoka are often mixed up in an investigation of some mystery that they have to solve. The show deals heavily with the occult, my favorite story arc being the Devil's Song episodes. It introduced me to my favorite classical piece, The Devil's Trill by Giuseppe Tartini.

It is gory, creepy and has some yaoi (I LOVE my yaoi!). I own volumes 2 and 3, but not 1 and 4. This  show is out of print and you can only buy the DVDs used now, for years I have been hunting for them and I just recently found them on amazon. I need to complete my collection.


7. Into The Woods
I saw this movie with one of my friends this past week and it was fantastic. I love musicals and of course I was bound to love it since it IS based on a sondheim (the composer to one of my favorite movies, Sweeney Todd) play. Although the plot was rushed (in their defense, they were cramming a possibly 3-4 hour play into a 2 hour movie) it was great and the music was great. Plus it had Meryl Streep. Meryl was fierce. Meryl is queen. Though this is still in theaters, it is up for pre-order and releases in March.


8. The Addams Family (1960s) vol 1.
I love the original black and white Addams Family TV show from the 1960s. Carolyn Jones as Morticia Addams is queen!! It is one of the very few things I can stand in black and white. I would love to own any volume of this show, but volume 1 is what's on my amazon wish list.






9. Chrono Crusade: Complete Series 
This is another beloved anime I discovered in middle school. I was obsessed with this as well. My summary of this may not be so great, as it has been so long since I've been able to watch this show. It is about the Madgalene order, an organization that destroys demons. The main characters are a nun named Rosette Christopher and her sidekick (who happens to be a demon) Chrono. Throughout the series they are hunting for Rosette's missing brother Joshua, fighting demons and discovering dark secrets along the way.

It is a great lesser known series. I normally dislike shows about nuns or anything religious but Rosette is a badass nun! I love the whole demon aspect of the show and how the nuns shoot them like crazy with their guns. I love that Rosette isn't a typical nun. Her and Chrono are like the black sheep.  I definitely recommend checking this out, especially if you liked Trinity Blood.


10. Modern Family: any season!
I love Modern Family! It is one of my favorite shows, I sadly don't own any of it but I want all of it. It is what I like to call one of my happy shows: a show that just comforts me and that I can watch over and over. I watch reruns of the show all the time and have seen some episodes probably 20+ times. I just love it so much!


11. Game of Thrones season 4
Game of Thrones is my favorite show (since True Blood is over and though I love it, went downhill as the seasons went on. The last season was bullshit). I own seasons 1-3 and need to own this one. Plus this season has the purple wedding, which was an oh so beautiful thing. 


12. The Fault In Our Stars
I haven't seen this yet, but I read the book. The book was so fantastic that I read the entire thing in a day. This book made me cry harder than any other book. I really want to see the movie and see how it compares.


Bonuses:





Sailor Moon season 1 part 2
I have this pre-ordered already so it technically can't be part of this list, but I am lusting over it SO much! I already own part 1. Part 2 contains my favorite episode (the episode where Mamoru discovers Usagi is Sailor Moon and Usagi learns she's princess Serenity), I'm really excited to see how it is uncut and with the new dub. It comes out February 10, I should have it in my possession on release day. Just a few more weeks!!! Would anyone like me to review the set when I get it? Or even review set 1? I also can't wait until Sailor Moon R is released, I am DYING to own it uncut. 


Black Butler: Book of Circus
This hasn't even been dubbed or announced in the US yet, so it doesn't truly count. But I loved this series so much! Black Butler is one of my favorites and they really did this justice with the manga. It was one of my favorite manga arcs and it was just great to see animated.



So that's it! Thank you for reading this post, I hope you enjoyed this. Any fans of any of the shows/movies above? If you would like any other lust lists or have any topic suggestions let me know in a comment or you can even tweet me! I should mention that you don't need to make an account to comment and you can do it anonymously. Hope you're all having a lovely evening (or day if you're reading this during the day) <3


Xoxo
Moon prism power makeup!

8 comments:

  1. Well, since you have lust lists, how bout fictional characters. I know one you could add. He has his own twitter account. heh heh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kakashi has a twitter account?? :D Haha yes, I can definitely make a lust list (though it may be titled something else) of fictional characters. I can do one for anime, one for non anime. Pick how many I should do (anywhere between 5 and 8) and it shall be done! ^_^ . Thank you for the comment anonymous, any suggestions are much appreciated! <3

      Delete
    2. Ha. I'm sure there's some weird RPs of him but 5 guys could work. Maybe an honorable mention. I'm sure there's someone who could go on the real list. heh Welcome. I am Unonymous... Anonymous. <3<3

      Delete
    3. Bahaha oh I know that already, I've attracted a few. The real list would be like characters in movies/shows played by actors that make me spazz hahaha. Ok, unonymous thanks for commenting <3. By the way (since I know who it is) like the new profile picture for here?

      Delete
  2. Oh. Actors. Ok. That makes sense. And it's a nice picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe sorry if I burst your bubble. Thank you ^_^. Any other post suggestions?

      Delete
    2. You know some people won't stop trying. But I'm not sure.

      Delete
    3. Yes, that I do. Ok, well if you think of anything you know how to tell me!

      Delete