Saturday, February 7, 2015

Tea Shop Adventures!

Hello my dears! It's been quite a few days since my last post, which is a first. I took a break from social media, I wasn't in a chatty mood. My depression was kicking in, I was battling some inner demons and feelings so I felt it was best to not be reachable. It's sort of what I do when I get that way. I don't think anyone really noticed that I was gone anyway so it's all good!! I did plan to stay away until today and not even post on here until Monday. But I had a good day yesterday and it pulled me mostly from this funk.

I have a special treat for you all today! I have a special recipe I'm going to share after this post later this afternoon. I was going to combine this all into one giant post, but it would have been too long. As the famous phrase goes (with grammar that makes me cringe), "Ain't nobody got time for that!"

Here is my odd selfie from the occasion, because apparently people like my face:



I literally got compliments all day on the hair clip. I wear odd things in my hair and since I am incapable of dressing like a normal human being I am constantly getting stopped with comments on my outfits/accessories.

I really wanted to talk about my day yesterday! I know some of you love listening to my spazzy ramblings. It was fantastic. I spent the day with my aunt, she's always really fun to hang out with. I haven't gotten to see her much since I lost my dad so it was nice to spend some time with her. She is a hairdresser so in a way she sort of mentors me in the beauty industry. I love how we can "talk shop" and she totally understands everything I'm telling her about being a makeup artist. Most people don't get it, so it's awesome to be understood. She's also one of the few people in my family that has always supported my talent and dream of becoming a special effects makeup artist. Among our adventures, we went to a tea shop.



Now, this tea shop was in an odd location, tucked away behind a back road. One of those places you would never know was there. It also looked super sketchy from the outside. It basically looked like a sketchy warehouse, with just the shop name on the side of the building. My aunt and I literally said to each other that if Sweeney Todd had a tea shop, this would be it. Though I do love Sweeney Todd and sing "A Little Priest" from the musical when I cook pot pies.

The entrance was oddly on the side of the building upping the sketch factor, but when we entered all doubts disappeared. The place is called Simpson & Vail, it is in Brookfield Connecticut. It is a wonderful little shop. I actually like it so much more than Teavanna (corporate owned tea shop). Teavanna is a good store, but they are over priced and their employees are WAY too pushy (at least the ones at my local mall are). I can't look around for 5 minutes without someone being up my ass to buy something. Their sample teas in store never taste the same as when brewed at home, they use more tea and sugar than the directions call for...which is shady. People want to make the tea exactly how it's made in store.

This tea shop was nothing like that. It was a peaceful atmosphere and the employees offered help and asked if we needed any but weren't up our asses.

Simoson & Vail had so many different varieties of tea, any you could truly think of and even coffee. I was amazed by the selection! From dessert teas (like red velvet cake and chocolate), to fruit teas (raspberry green tea, mango) and ones with different benefits (like women's health, detox and energy).

I admit I was fangirling hard, I am a tea addict. We spent at least an hour walking through the store, looking at and smelling all of the teas. If I were an anime character,I would have had pounding hearts for eyes. I seriously started rambling and talking to myself in excitement over all of the different varieties. There were a few such as the green and black tea mix that I spazzed really hard over the uniqueness.

All teas are their own blends, mostly loose leaf but some tea bags. They had little tins of each flavor available to smell. Literally half the store was covered in huge tins with different varieties. The sales woman also offered us some samples to take home! They were really generous with them and put them in these cute little pouches! She told us that you only need a tea spoon per cup so I can definitely get a few cups per packet.

I got samples of these teas: Raspberry Green, Creme De La Berry (this was a strawberry tea), Green and Black, Almond Sugar Cookie, and Pomegranate Detox. I did want to try their pear tea as well, but I had already asked for so many samples. I didn't want to be annoying or seem like I was sample hoarding (which is something I have shamelessly done at Lush and Sephora. Employees get irritated of it after a while).



They also sell tea accessories like infusers, tea cups and tea pots. As well as children't play tea sets and foods like tea cookies to accompany their brews.

I was truly just blown away. I had such a fantastic experience. I'm planning to bring one of my non tea enjoying friends there to see if I can convert her. I can't wait to go again! They actually have a website and you can order from it too, you can check that out at: Svtea.com. I also found their teas on Amazon.

I will probably spend my weekend drinking tea and being lazy since we're supposed to get MORE snow today through Monday ;____; . Anyone else getting snow?

From my undisclosed town in CT, yesterday. 

Thanks for reading about my tea fangirling! I am so excited to try these new teas! I haven't had loose leaf in a while, I even got myself a new infuser. Did you know that they actually make tea bags to put loose leaf tea into? I SO want to try some! Would anyone like me to review the teas once I try them? Or write another tea post? Comment and let me know! If past lives exist, I swear I was a noble woman during the Victorian era in England. That would explain my fascination with that era and tea.

Xoxo,
Moon prism Power makeup!

2 comments:

  1. I think we discussed my thoughts on Tea before. But good entry. I know about Tea. I saw something about it on a food channel once before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we did, on saturday. Thanks! I thought it would be fun to share my adventure. Now I'm just getting obsessive with loose leaf tea .__. . That's cool! Anything I know about tea I just kind of learned on my own. I'm no expert by any means though. I'm just a tea addict hahahaha.

      Delete