Monday, March 9, 2015

Cheesecake Mousse recipe

Hello my dears! I hope you all had a lovely weekend. This whole daylight savings time thing is REALLY throwing me off. How about you? I am looking forward to Spring though, this winter has been hellish. 

I realized this weekend that I haven't posted a recipe in a while! I thought it was time to post a dessert recipe! This one is super easy and no baking is involved so those of you that are cooking challenged can easily make this. I originally found this on Pinterest though altered it a bit.

I made and served it at one of my Halloween parties, where I colored it to look like candy corn and garnished it with some. It was a huge hit. 

I wish I took better pictures of this, instead of these messy ones. 

To make this, you will need:

1 package of cream cheese
1 small tub of cool whip
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup milk
1 Tsp vanilla
Food coloring

You'll want to start by beating the cream cheese in a bowl with a mixer until it is fully smooth and creamy.  Gradually add the powdered sugar while mixing. Then gradually add the milk while mixing. Add the vanilla. I always add extra vanilla to everything, so I normally end up pouring in the amount called for then adding an extra dash.

Beat the mixture on medium speed for an additional minute. Drop in the entire tub of cool whip to the mixture, fold it in to mix. Then stir until well combined. Stir in food coloring as desired. I love using red food coloring and making the mousse pink, it makes it so kawaii!

It's important to regrigerate this for at least a half hour before serving. And there you go! Super easy, fun and of course good dessert. 

If anyone tries this one, let me know! If you try one of these recipes and send me a picture, maybe I'll post it! Either way, hope you enjoy! I have a bunch more requested recipes to post and a few of my own that I want to post. So fear not! When I remember to, I will post more! I just try to keep a good variation of posts and not post too many of the same type too close together. 

Xoxo

Moon prism power makeup! 

4 comments:

  1. I don't like Cheesecake but that does look nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, then what kind of recipes would you like to see? I think you chose some at one point that sounded good, but I totally forgot ;___; lol. I have a bunch of recipes. So any requests, let me know! I may post my chicken alfredo recipe soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No idea really. I don't really cook even though I could, I just have no reason to.

      Delete
    2. You should try cooking! You can always cook for yourself, I usually cook for myself.

      Delete