Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Musical preference

Everyone has a different taste in music. That's just a fact in life. There are so many different genres of music as well as languages to deliver it in. I have a SUPER varied taste in music. Most people look at me and think I just listen to heavy metal and just music with screaming. I do not look out of place at Slipknot concert. But there's more than meets the eye! Sure I love heavy music but I love so many other genres too. Don't judge a person's music taste by how they look.

Even my friends mostly think this way. I will never forget the time that I was showing a friend how I listen to Japanese music. They wanted to see if I could sing to it. So I put on the girliest, poppiest song I could find to sing to. Their look of shock was priceless! Yes, I love Japanese music. That comes from watching anime a lot. Admittedly, a lot of music I listen to in other languages I wouldn't ever listen to in English. I just love the feel and soul to it. Something about it just sounds so much better in another language. My favorite Japanese band is Kalafina. I also love Babymetal, The Gazette, Namie Amuro, Linked Horizon, Aoi Eir, SID, Yuya Matsushita. I could keep going! I love a lot of OPs/EDs from my favorite animes. Put on some Sailor Moon songs and I will sing that shit.

I love Kpop as well. Put on "The Boys" by Girls Generation and I will probably (horribly) dance. (GIRLS GENERATION MAKE YOU FEEL THE HEAT!) I love the music from my favorite Kdramas. I LOVE Jang Geun Suk. I like some SHINEE too.

I love classical music and orchestral soundtrack type music. I listen to it a lot while I sleep and when I read. My favorite classical piece is The Devil's Trill Sonata by Giuseppe Tartini. It is so hardcore and beautiful. I love Vivaldi's Four Seasons. I love Vanessa Mae and Lindsey Stirling. Lacrimosa (Requiem) by Mozart. I am addicted to the Sword Art Online soundtracks....I listen to them every single day (Yuki Kajiura from Kalafina also sings on them!!). I love the Harry Potter ones, Sailor Moon Crystal, FMA Brotherhood, Kuroshitsuji, Madoka Magica. They're all so beautiful.

I am in love with Nox Arcana - this wonderful orchestral group that composes gothic/Halloween music. Each album is a different theme. Their Edgar Allan Poe album, Shadow of The Raven is a masterpiece. I love beautiful and hardcore sounding orchestral music. Strings are my favorite - put a violin or a cello in it and I'm in love. The Vitamin String Orchestra (they do string composition covers of songs) are wonderful.

I also love the harpsichord with a passion. Which leads me to Emilie Autumn's Victorian industrial music. Her music is so unique and I love it. It's basically Vicorian music paired with industrial. I'm obsessed with anything to do with the Victorian era so I found myself drawn to her. I love obscure music like hers. IAMX is another obscure band. The Birthday Massacre, One Eyed Doll (the lead singer tweeted me once and I screamed like a little girl),Mindless Self Indulgence. Tatu.

I don't listen to popular music or top 40 all that much. But I do really like some artists. I LOVE Katy Perry (I know every one of her songs except for most of her latest album) and Lady Gaga. Pink, Beyonce, Christina Aguilera (Fighter is one of my anthems), Jessie J, Fun, Ke$ha (I love her first 2 albums), Gwen Stefani. I could probably throw in more.

I love broadway music with a passion. Idina Menzel is my idol. I love the music from Wicked, Rent, Sweeney Todd, Phantom of the Opera and Les Miserables so so much. I'm very often shrieking out to Defying Gravity in the shower and trying to perfect my Fiyero riff in No Good Deed (FIYEEEEEEEERRROOOOOOOOO!). I used to be able to shriek some super high operatic notes like Christine Daae.

I also love acoustic songs. They soothe me. Never Shout Never (also obscure. I was a big fan as a teen...then I stopped listening because of Christofer Drew's shitty/rude attitude. I recently started listening to them again), Chase Coy, Automatic Loveletter.

Lastly yes, I do listen to a ton of heavy music. I love metal, Alternative, punk, pop punk and rock. My favorite bands are My Chemical Romance, Black Veil Brides, Avenged Sevenfold, New Years Day and Green Day. I love AFI, The Misfits, Motionless In White, Sleeping with Sirens, Slipknot, Escape the Fate, Suicide Silence, Asking Alexandria (their first 2 albums), Blink 182, All Time Low, Aiden, No Doubt (hey they were ska before they turned poppy!)The Used, Evanescence, Picture Me Broken,I can go on forever guys!

I love classic rock too! I was raised on it, I grew up hearing a lot of Metallica, Fleetwood Mac, Journey, AC/DC, The Rolling Stones, Foreigner, Pat Benatar The Eagles. Woodstock music, my dad was obsessed with Woodstock. I LOVE Heart, Anne Wilson is a Goddess. The Runaways, I love Joan Jett. Nirvana, Queen, The Cure, Hole. I am always so inspired of the ladies in rock n roll that paved the way for the rest of us.

I hate country with a passion. I hate rap though admittedly like Nicki Minaj and Eminem. I can rap the entire first verse through the chorus of Super Bass. No shame!

Anyway, I hadn't talked about music in a while! I thought I would broaden your horizons and show  another side of myself. What are all of you guys' favorite bands?? Comment and let me know :D 

6 comments:

  1. Favorite band Fall Out Boy!!!! Wicked is literally the best! I know all the words to every song!! Music is da bomb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiiiii Vicky!!!! :D Thanks for commenting!! Fall Out Boy is awesome! I listen to mostly their older stuff and mostly their more popular songs. I truthfully hated them until my senior year in high school for some reason. Then I heard a song of theirs and loved them *^* . We need another Wicked singalong!! I don't know every song yet, but I know a lot. Yes, music is a beautiful thing.

      Delete
  2. You can see what I like by checking youtube. But I do hate country due to childhood and thanks to a mesed up radio, I tend to hate most rap and Top 40. Rap and country are the same thing and I have a chart to prove it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just hate country. I live in a redneck town, with redneck relatives that listen to mostly country. I admit I did like Shania Twain and Garth Brooks growing up but I can't stand country now. How are rap and country the same?

      Delete
    2. I have this link. http://www.cracked.com/article_19143_gangstas-vs.-rednecks-weirdly-similar-subcultures-5Bchart5D.html

      Delete