Thursday, April 28, 2016

March/April Watch List

Here I am with a more upbeat talk today, about the shows I watched in March and April. I just for a Roku 3, so hopefully I'll be watching some more anime! I haven't watched as much as I used to because I'm not always in the mood for subtitles. I much prefer dubs, as usually I'm working on something while I watch TV. 

Without further ado, the shows I watched the most these last 2 months. 

The Walking Dead



That finale UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH


Teen Mom 2



Okay, so I admit for the longest time I HATED Teen Mom 2. Mainly because I can't stand Jenelle and Leah annoys me. While craving more of the Teen Mom drama I started watching Teen Mom 2 and I got sucked in. I really continued to watch for Kailyn and Chelsea, but now I'm also curious about Leah's downfall. 

Game of Thrones



Since GOT returned Sunday, I spent a week marathoning seasons 4 and 5 in preparation for the latest season. I didn't start from season 1 because truthfully I've seen the first 3 seasons too many times. I'm also thinking of giving the books another chance via audio book. 

Penny Dreadful



Alright, so this one barely made the list. I've started to rewatch it this week in preparation of season 3. 

Sailor Moon Crystal




Season 3 is here!!!! I'm terribly behind and have just seen the first episode of the new season - writing and cosplay making has consumed so much of my time! I'm not sure how I feel about the opening replacing Moon Pride, but I LOVE Sailor Moon's new transformation sequence!

Orphan Black




I just started watching this show after seeing trailers for a few years on BBC America - it had piqued my interest but I never got around to watching it. I am really enjoying bit so far, I'm only on season 1 but I'm very curious about the clones. 

@Midnight 



I recently discovered that Hulu gets all of the @Midnight episodes so I've been watching it the day after. It is such a funny show! For those that don't know, it is a game show on Comedy Central revolving around trending topics and events on social media. The contestants are comedians and it is hosted by Chris Hardwick. 

Star Vs The Forces of Evil 




I started watching this after catching a snippet of it after a Gravity Falls episode. I thought it looked cool so I checked it out...I ended up loving it. This is a show for Gravity Falls and Steven Universe fans! Based on quite a few magical girl anime such as Sailor Moon, Revolutionary Girl Utena and Cardcaptor Sakura it is a fun watch.



It's about a princess from another dimension called Mewnie named Star Butterfly,  she is pretty much a magical girl with a weapon resembling something from Sailor Moon and Cardcaptor Sakura. She is given the family wand upon her birthday and is sent to earth to learn to use it responsibly. The shows chronicalizes her misadventures on earth and fighting monsters/her enemies, many enemies and problems creates by her irresponsibility with magic. 

I love Star's quirky personality and I find much that she does funny. Her world is fascinating. Plus her ex boyfriend is a demon who's pretty cute...I'm curious about him!



Gravity Falls



Gravity Falls has ended and the finale tore me up with the feels. I've been watching Weirdmageddon again as well as going back and watching season 1.

I don't remember if I talked about Gravity Falls yet. It is a wonderful hidden gem of a show. It's about two twins named Dipper and Mabel Pines, their parents send them to stay in Gravity Falls, Oregon for the summer with their Great Uncle aka Gruncle Stan. Stan Pines runs and owns The Mystery Shack, an oddities parlour, roadside attraction. Dipper and Mabel begin to encounter strange things in Gravity Falls and Dipper sets out to learn the secrets of the mysterious town. 

YouTube




Okay, this doesn't really county but I have watched a lot if YouTube videos the last 2 months. From my renewed interest in Shane Dawson to Grav3yardgirl and Game of Thrones theory videos.

There you have it! What shows have you been watching lately? Comment and let me know.

Xoxo

Heather Zombie 💜

1 comment:

  1. Teen Mom? I guess we all have some pretty bad stuff we watch.

    I actually try @midnight's Hashtag Wars every night. Never win but I got Points once.

    I could have told you about Star. Just like with Steven Universe. Should listen to me. heh heh Seriously though.

    ReplyDelete