Friday, April 15, 2016

The Paranormal


Hi guys!!! I'm trying harder to post more, but I'm not sure how successful I will be. I've been buckling down more on my cosplays, trying to gather supplies and beginning to build my props. Let me tell you - prop building is an experience. Once I have finished making my costumes I'll have to write about my experiences as a first time cosplay builder. I made the mistake of picking foam with a cardboard/fiberglass coating and had to peel that off. Boy that sure was fun.. ><

Anyway today I thought I would discuss the paranormal. I have wanted to discuss this topic for a long time, but I have always stopped myself due to naysayers. I don't have much patience for skeptics that actively try to disprove my beliefs.  So if you don't believe in this type of thing, please do not comment with something trying to disprove me or claim I am crazy - because I'm not.

Now that that's out of the way, I have always believed in ghosts and have been fascinated by the paranormal. As as child I loved to play with ouija boards (stupid, stupid child) and Bloody Mary. As I grew older and discovered the internet I actively sought out to hear about others experiences and various strange encounters. Growing up in New England, this interest probably makes sense. New England is the most haunted region in the united states; as it is the oldest. There are quite a few well known haunted places in my state such as Dudley Town (you can read my post on that here:  ), Union Cemetery, Holyland, Remington Arms and Fairfield Hills asylum.

My hometown even has some known hauntings - there was a huge fire in the early 1900's  wiping out much of the downtown/main streets of the town. Some hotels are said to be haunted as well as the local coffee house.

I have had numerous experiences and things that I cannot for the life of me explain. My house is haunted, it always has been but after losing my dad it has been much more active. A few different people including myself have seen apparitions in my home and strange mists. We will have things fly off of shelves with no feasible explanation, from time to time things will be moved when we absolutely know where they were previously placed. Both myself and my mom have felt things jump onto our beds at night, when we turn on the light nothing will be there including my cats. Once in a while something will touch me when I am trying to fall asleep. I have felt hands touch me, even hands grabbing my leg.

At night when everyone is in their rooms and accounted for you can hear footsteps roaming the hallway. Yes, it can be quite creepy but most of it I'm so used to that it doesn't phase me anymore.

I am a firm believer having experienced so many things in my 22 years on this planet. The nonfiction book I am writing is actually about my strange experiences. I have visited two mediums who both had zero information prior to meeting me and they had come out with scarily accurate things, some only I would know. I also work with tarot cards and have had most of my readings turn out scarily accurate.

I consider myself fairly knowledgeable on the topic of ghosts with how much research I have done, though if I attempt to make contact with one I am extremely careful. I cannot stress enough that you shouldn't mess with what you don't understand; things can end badly if you don't know what you're doing. Do not attempt to summon anything you can't banish or open doorways that you can't close. Although admittedly ouija boards don't work a lot of the time, sometimes they can. And if it does, you're welcoming something in that you don't know. That's my advice.

Have any of you had strange experiences or seen strange things? Comment and let me know!

Xoxo

Heather Zombie 💜




1 comment:

  1. Wow. You sure know your stuff. I think anything's possible. Though I'm not sure if anything that happened to me is ghosts or my imagination. Since it's very strong. But is that what your book is about? Have you told us before that?

    ReplyDelete