Monday, April 13, 2015

As Seen on Anime + Monday rambles


Hello lovelies! It just wouldn't be a post of mine if I didn't ramble! But I know you guys don't mind, in fact I know some of you enjoy my ramblings. Game of Thrones came back yesterday, after a wait that felt like an eternity! I was going to write a review, but I honestly can barely remember what happened! I just remember seeing cute butts and gay sex. I guess that really caught my attention!

I also, after stalking Amazon for weeks  for it noticed that Sailor Moon R Part 1 is up on Amazon! I was so excited, because I have been waiting to preorder this and have had the amount (I thought I) needed saved up. Then I saw the price....$44.82!! *womp, womp*. What is this fuckery??? The last two sets (season 1 part one, season 1 part 2) were just $29.99 each! So why the sudden price spike? I am seriously still really mad about this. If it were any series, I would refuse to pay so much (if the price stays that way, I would be paying about $90 for the entire season!!!). But, this is Sailor Moon and I have always said I will buy every single volume no matter the cost. Doesn't mean I need to be happy about it though.

I have so much blog work to do today, I hope I can get it all done! I feel like I'm spending more time rocking out to the Wicked soundtrack right now than actually working.(You're welcome neighbors!!)  I feel like I haven't sung in a month! I also feel like I'm doing a LOT of anime posts lately. I try to keep a good variety as this is a multi interest blog. But I know a lot of readers enjoy and come here for my anime posts. I can also consider this a fashion post.

Anyway! Today I'm going to review some purchases of mine, since they will be short reviews I thought I would combine them into 1 post. This may become a post series that I do where I combine a few short reviews that have something in common into 1 post. This also really helps me to wade through my list of insanity - AKA my list of posts to do! Today's theme is things that you may have seen in your favorite animes! But how do these replicas compare? 

Sword Art Online Asuna's Yui's Heart Necklace


Mine is indeed the same shade of blue. It only looks green-ish in this image because of the candle I placed the necklace on to take the picture, 

This is a necklace replica of Yui's heart, which Kirito turns into a necklace for Asuna. There are quite a few versions of this floating around on the internet. I got mine from a Chinese seller on Amazon. I have to say it compares really well to the original! It is on the same type of black chord that Asuna has hers on. The stone is also the right color. It's made of plastic but doesn't look cheap. Mine has a slight crack running through it, but it isn't noticeable when wearing it. It was only $4 so really I don't mind.

Madoka Magica, Madoka's soul gem necklace

Kyoko's soul gem




Though they do sell each soul gem color from the show as well as the rings, I chose Madoka's. Madoka is my favorite character and I liked how the pink one looked best. The detail on this is pretty good! It is also real metal so it is a bit weighty. The stone in the middle is really a plastic sort of bead. I wish that the stone looked more like a stone and was bigger. So not completely accurate, but close. If you didn't care about tiny details, then this would be good for a cosplay. Otherwise I would try to find a more accurate version on Etsy. 

Sailor Moon, Usagi's Silver Crystal necklace


The details on the chain



I got this necklace from an Etsy seller called Shoujo Gems (you can find it here: https://www.etsy.com/listing/158443087/silver-imperium-crystalginzuisho?ref=shop_home_active_2 ). I have been wanting a replica of Usagi/Princess Serenity's silver crystal necklace forever! Finally I have one. The seller kindly used a lobster clasp on mine rather than the one that came standard. The crystal is smaller than I expected but it is beautiful and I had such a hard time finding a necklace with the correct shape for the crystal. This one looks perfect so the size doesn't bother me. The crystal is on a chain with glass beads. The craftsmanship of this is fantastic. It is so well made and very beautiful. 

Sailor Moon Odango Clips



I ordered these from an Amazon seller (the name escapes me) about a year ago. I wasn't so much concerned with their accuracy as the fact that they were on Amazon and were the first pair of odango clips/shields that I had found anywhere. They do not look perfect compared to the anime/manga. The gem in the middle is faceted instead of flat/curved. It also has this odd marble effect.  The size is rather large as well. But the colors are correct, the clips are good and they do look good for a cosplay. Far away you don't notice much of a difference. 

Sailor moon earrings




Yes, these are the officially licensed earrings! They cost around $15 depending on where you buy them. My pair arrived with the paint chipped and it's too much of a hassle for me to return (long story) but I did receive a refund and painted over the chips.

The moons are metal painted yellow. But be warned, they stupidly put a logo with black lettering on the back! Not to worry, if careful you can easily scratch the lettering off and leave no trace of it. The pearls are plastic. The earrings are the perfect size for cosplay! If Sailor Moon were to be real, these earrings are the exact size she would wear them. They are mostly accurate. The loops where the pearls and moons meet are obviously not on Sailor Moon's actual earrings. Her earrings also (to me anyway) look like they are post earrings, rather than this "hook" type. For cosplay they are perfect though! 

Sailor Moon lotus crystal




Yes there are a LOT of Sailor Moon items on this list. That's because I'm a huge fan (as a lot of you know)! I own a lot of Sailor Moon related jewelry. If anyone wants me to do another post with my Sailor Moon necklace collection, let me know!

Not an official product at all! This isn't even marketed as being from Sailor Moon, just a crystal lotus. But it looks EXACTLY  like the lotus form of the silver crystal! I have the 4" version, and it is the size that the actual crystal would be. I love to pick it up and pretend that I'm saving the world. It is beautiful, when light hits it it lets off a gorgeous rainbow effect. It's actual crystal. There is also a little stand on the bottom so there won't be any wobbling.

Sailor Moon tiara




This is an officially licensed tiara. It actually is Sailor Mars'! The reviews that I saw online all said that the official Sailor Moon tiara's gem was too pink! So I opted for Mars' and it is perfect! It is made out of a almost faux leather material, but it looks fairly accurate when worn. Though it may look cheap it is good quality. 

Thanks so much for reading today! I hope you enjoyed today's post! As always, if any questions comments or suggestions just leave me a comment below! I hope you all have a lovely day. 

Xoxo
Moon prism power makeup!

3 comments:

  1. Those are all really nice. And fancy. heh Glad you got all these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! Lol I'm pretty set on owning every piece of Sailor Moon jewelry that I can xD.

      Delete