Thursday, April 16, 2015

The Cat Lady Post

Konnichiwa!! It is finally here, the post I have been teasing at for ages! The cat lady post, yaay!!! I had at least 2 or 3 people request this post, so I worked really hard to make it worth the wait and desire.  Warning: this post is full of cat pictures.

I am indeed a crazy cat lady and proud of it! My cats are like my children. Even when I had just one cat, I was a crazy cat lady. I love animals. When I have a pet, I love them with my entire heart and more than anything else. I remember as a child just losing goldfish I would be SO upset and have to have a funeral and bury each one.

I currently have 2 cats, their names are Autumn and Nina. Most of the time they hate each other and fight/avoid each other. But lately, they are starting to become friends and hang out together. 

Excuse the state of my mother's unmade bed that the cats are laying on.





Autumn is an orange, long haired mixed breed. We aren't entirely sure what she is but she does have tabby markings and we think she's part Maine Coon. She's 2 years old, going on 3 in July. She's such a shrimpy little turd! She was the runt of her litter and is tiny still. She is such a little cutie! Look at that face!! <3 <3 <3. She has this really cute pieces of fur between her feet. Autumn's my little baby. I adore her so much. Although both my mom and I love her, she's my cat. I love her so so much and she knows it! I'm her favorite person on this planet. Every single day when I wake up, she freaks out meowing and running around excited to see me.



She constantly lays on me and sits on me. She loves licking my arms. The reason we call her little shit: she loves causing trouble and being a shit. Her favorite thing in the world to do is to run in my room while I'm sleeping. She will jump on top of me, then run over to my face and get in my face so that I know she's there. Then she'll proceed in sitting on me and cleaning herself. Then eventually laying down to sleep....right in the middle of the bed hogging it. Any time I'm sad, she knows. When I lost my cat Whiskers she stayed by my side for 3 days. She refused to leave me alone. She's always hyper and happy to melt away my sadness. She LOVES when I give her attention. It's hilarious when she'll swat at my mom sometimes for trying to pet her but will let me.


Yup, this is my life. 


As you can tell...I take damn selfies with my cat. If that isn't crazy cat lady level then I don't know what  is.



She's a very happy cat, always looks like she's smiling. She loves fancy feast and goes nuts for it EVERY. Single. Night....then sometimes won't even eat it.

As with every pet I've ever had she has nicknames. We call her Autie, Autie B (her middle name is Breeze), little shit (yes, she answers to that).

For Autumn's first birthday I had a birthday party for her. Hey, if people with dogs can have parties for their dogs then I can for my cat! I baked her a cake and some of my friends that love playing with her came. They even brought her gifts.


Autumn in her gift bag

I don't have many pictures of Nina :( . She likes to hide so I can't take her pictures. 


Nina is a beautiful calico - a silver/grey and brown color. We just adopted her in January. She is very fluffy and built big and heavy like Harry was. She's such a sweetie. She immediately warmed up to us. She loves being brushed and pet. She growls when she's mad which is really funny. Nina though I love her too is my mom's cat. She will walk around our house meowing sometimes if she's left by herself looking for someone to pet her or play with her. She makes these adorable little noises when she's excited. Her nicknames are Nini, Nina beana, and chubby bunny.



My crazy cat lady ways began when I got my first cat, named Harry (after Harry Potter) when I was a kid. I think around 2001-2002ish. We adopted him, he was at least a year old when we got him. Where I live, there is a side road that leads to a farm that is maybe a 20-30 minute walk. My aunt and I used to walk to take walks a lot and visit the farm. She was a teenager when I was a kid, so I looked up to her and we hung out a lot.

One day when we were walking there to see the goats, one of my neighbors was driving by and stopped us. They asked us to take this cat to the farm to see if they'll take it. My aunt agreed so on we went. When we got to the farm, we were horrified. We could see the goat's ribs, they were so skinny. We then went to see this little group of cats near a barn. The cats had sour milk....it was literally green. They were covered in fleas and ticks. One poor little baby had pus in it's eye. It makes me so sad to even recall :( I can't handle even hearing about animal abuse on the news. On the local news recently they showed a puppy that was abused and has to have its legs amputated. I cried for a good 10 minutes for this little puppy.

Anyway! There was no way we were going to leave this cat there. We actually went to the farmer's house and offered to bring their animals to the vet...that just ended in a fight and a door slammed in our faces. So we went home and took the cat with us. In the end, my mom decided to let me keep the cat and convinced my dad to let me too. And so that's how I got my Harry!

Unfortunately I lost Harry last year. I still miss him so much. He had been a big part of my life for years.  He was a very odd cat. The neighbors that had him before I did abused him. They used to throw their cats into a pool and force them to swim and they used to burn the whiskers. But he was a happy cat. He was a VERY big and fluffy cat. He was a fat cat until he got sick and lost weight. But his bone structure was also huge! I had him for most of my life and he was always there for me. He could always tell when I was upset and would stay close. He was a mostly out door cat so I didn't see him all the time. He REFUSED to come inside during storms. He had a spot underneath my house he would hide. He survived during 2 hurricanes staying outside. He loved chicken and would sit like a dog any time someone was eating some. He was a really good cat and is missed a lot <3

Autumn as a kitten

Autumn was the next cat that I got. We got her when she was a tiny little kitten. I still remember the day we got her. She was so tiny and SO cute! My mom knew a lady giving away kittens. I was in a very depressed funk so my mom got her for me and she pulled me out of that. Her and Harry did not get along and fought all the time. But Harry was well over 10 years old when we got Autumn. They didn't start to get along until Harry's last days. Autumn would lay or sit next to him



The day after we got Autumn, I woke up and went into the living room. She ran up to me and started jumping wanting me to pick her up. I knew it was fate.



We got Whiskers at the end of 2013. When we got Whiskers, we had 3 cats in the house! All orange ones too! I love the gingies (what I call ginger cats). Whiskers was Autumn's mommy. The lady that owned her had to get rid of her cats. Whiskers didn't have anywhere to go and would have been put in a shelter, so we took her. She was a very sweet and adorable cat. She was very shy and hid from us for a good 6 months. She made these really cute noises all the time and sounded like a squeak toy when she meowed. Sadly we only got to experience 7 months with her. After she finally started to get comfortable with us she shockingly and suddenly died. It happened very quickly and I was devastated. She had been hiding for a day and when I finally found her, she was dragging her legs unable to move. I picked her up and within 20 minutes she was gone.




Autumn and Whiskers knew they were related. They became really close and like best friends. They were constantly together. They would look out the window together watching birds and would sleep together at times.

We were then left with just Autumn. My mom and I felt a bit empty and planned to get another cat. In January my mom went to a shelter and instantly fell in love with Nina. And so here we are! Nina is getting comfortable here but her and Autumn constantly fight.


I have mostly had cats for pets. I went from fish, to hamsters (I have a VERY interesting story with those) then to cats. I love cats so much.  People think that they are selfish, rude animals but they aren't. They're very loving and consume your heart. Plus they're so cute!! Cats are also very intelligent.

So there you have it! I love my cats so much <3 <3 when you have a pet they really consume your soul.

Xoxo
Moon prism power makeup!! 

3 comments:

  1. This was really cute. I'm not a pet person but It's a good thing you are. The cats are as cute as you. heh heh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol thanks. Aww really? Kitties are the best!!!

      Delete
    2. Welcome. And I won't say anything. It would be stupid.

      Delete