Tuesday, April 14, 2015

My Asuna cosplay

Hello my dears! I truly did not intend to be writing again so soon. I spent so much time scheduling posts yesterday and I thought that I was done today. But I did a cosplay yesterday and had some requests to post about it, so here it is with spamming of my face and all.



I cosplayed as Asuna from Sword Art Online. She is one of my favorite female characters of all time. She is definitely on my waifu list (that's weeb for I love her a lot). She is a very strong, badass character. She doesn't need a man to protect her, she can literally fight amazingly herself (which is why she is also called Asuna The Flash and then The Berserk Healer in season 2). Sadly, in the 2nd half of SAO season 1, they destroy her strong and fierce personality by having her held hostage and nearly raped. I still love her though!! 

I was so mad that I didn't have a Kirito plushie to pose with. I've been meaning to get one for so long too! Now on to le piccys (piccys is what I sometimes call pictures/pics). :


In this one I sort of look like Rangiku from Bleach. I'm not the only one to say so!! 
Hiii Rangiku! 
                                
All of my cosplays focus on the makeup because I'm a makeup artist. In anime cosplays, the makeup is super important. People do not naturally look like anime characters, so we need to know some tricks to make ourselves look more like them. This mainly involves some tricks with contouring and eyeliner. The makeup for this look took me about 2 hours to do, the eyes taking the longest. I had been gradually researching Asuna's look with anime pictures as well as cosplays for a month to get a feel for what I wanted to do. That is important with any cosplay. 

Oh hey the hair on this one sort of looks like Rangiku too. At least this wig comes with a few cosplay options!


For Asuna, I went with a nice, clean face covering all redness and imperfections. You know, going a little crazy with the concealer. Asuna does have fair skin and I luckily am blessed with a similar complexion. For the eyebrows, I Just very lightly shaded in my own actual brows. I noticed after I had put the wig on that my eyebrows were a tad bit dark for the wig. Sadly, it was too late to fix it and I do not own a brow filler in the shade needed. I didn't work at shaping and defining any sort of arch. Asuna's brows aren't really like that. So I softly shaded. Women in Asia typically don't have arches or defined brows like we do in America. 

 I did some contouring, mainly around the cheekbones, the nose and the crease of my eyes. For the eyes, I used a white eyeliner, a black eyeliner and a matte white eyeshadow. I did whatever I possibly could to make the eyes appear larger and more Asian/anime like. I then added a little light blush to my cheeks for a bit of color (a natural tea rose sort of link that I feel Asuna would wear) and a highlighter. 

 For the lips, I used a mixture of a peach lip gloss/cream (Nyx Xtreme Lip Cream in Nude Peach Fuzz) and a milky, nude pink shade (Nyx Creme Brulee Buttergloss). Asuna wouldn't wear a bright lip color. 

The wig is an actual Asuna wig! This is my first cosplay where I have actually had the correct wig!! It is a Japanese fibre wig, in a light orange with brown undertones color. Asuna's trademark braid/ponytail is in the back. It is a very long and voluminous wig. Very high quality and it feels like real hair. There also wasn't any sort of fake shine to it. I do however need to work on wig styling! As an amateur cosplayer, it is pretty hard! Either my head is small or the bangs on this wig were a tad bit long. Oh well, at least I know now!

I don't own any sort of contacts. Asuna actually has sort of amber colored eyes. If I truly wanted to, I could have photoshopped the eyes to obtain the correct color. But truly, this is a cosplay where the eye color accuracy isn't important. So you're looking at my actual eyes. 

My outfit is really just a plain white t-shirt. I don't own Asuna's costume so I just used what I have. I like to think of it as every day Asuna! I also threw in my Yui's heart necklace (featured in yesterday's post).

Yes, when I'm in cosplay I take WAY too many selfies! 


And that's it! I was blown away by the reactions people had to this, everyone on  my twitter really enjoyed these pictures. I am rarely proud of my work but I am so proud of this!! Thank you to everyone that supports my cosplay work. It takes a lot to put ones self out there like that, especially in the cosplay world where people can be very harsh. It helps tremendously to have people cheering you on and appreciating your work. If I didn't have the support that I do, I would never post any of my work! So thank you guys, you're all awesome <3. I hope you have a lovely day!

Xoxo
Moon prism power, makeup! 


3 comments:

  1. That is really good. Now we just need a black coat for me to be Kirito then. heh heh ...I'd support you being Matsumoto. So I guess I'd have to be Hitsugaya. I might could do that. heh heh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Lol you say that every time I mention being Asuna. I love Hitsugaya, Byakuya is my favorite though *^*.

      Delete
    2. Well, I thought it wouldn't be a stupid joke. That's why.

      Delete