Monday, April 6, 2015

Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 19 Recap/Review




Hello my lovelies! I hope you all had a fantastic Easter (if you celebrate) and a wonderful weekend. My Easter was nice. We had an Easter egg hunt with my cats and it was very interesting! We took some generic plastic eggs, filled them with catnip and scattered them around the house. My cats went nuts and it was so funny! At one point they opened a few of the eggs and catnip went all over the floor...and they just rolled around in it!



So many things happened in  this episode of Sailor Moon Crystal, it deserved a review from me! I know I don't consistently review every episode - that just depends on if I have the time to review it. I slowly went through this episode and took careful notes so that I could provide you with the best, most detailed review. All images in this post are mine, I took pictures of the episode while it played on my TV. As always with my Sailor Moon Crystal posts, the spoiler alert is in effect if you have not yet seen this episode. This post literally took me all day to write x__x. Lots of hard work went into it, so I hope you enjoy it!!

The episode begins with Sailor Moon, Sailor Venus, Tuxedo Mask and Chibi-Usa where they were when the last episode ended. Chibi-Usa asks Sailor Moon for help, to save the future Earth. She reveals that she's from the 30th century future of Crystal Tokyo and someone attacked her beloved home. Venus asks her to take them to the future so that they can see what happened to better understand the situation. Chibi-Usa becomes very upset and says that she can't. Mamoru comforts her.



The cuteness of Mamoru caring for her killed me!! I love any little moments between the two. It's so cute!!! It's also pretty interesting how fatherly Mamoru is to her already - not knowing that in the future he actually is Chibi-Usa's father.



Chibi-Usa is shown wearing Mamoru's shirt to bed. So cute!!!! Mamoru tucks her into bed and she shows him Luna P. They discuss her mother. Usagi is then shown watching the interaction between the two. She admits to Mamoru how jealous she is. I really appreciate how in this series, Usagi isn't made super needy or running around constantly whining about how jealous she is of Chibi-Usa. I also appreciate that Mamoru isn't treating her like shit like he did at a few points in Sailor Moon R.



Can anyone find a better quality screen shot of this?? It would make a fantastic wallpaper/lockscreen photo. I need it!!! 

Usagi asks to stay over. Mamoru hugs her from behind and Usagi confesses that she wants to stay by his side forever and protect him. Mamoru says that he feels the same way and always wants to protect her. Then they adorably kiss...I spazzed out so much. Usagi and Mamoru's love story is my favorite. They are my OTP (one true pairing). I honestly think their romance is better than Romeo and Juliet. Their love has transcended time, they have both been reborn many times and each time they find their way back to each other. I go nuts over any cute romantic moments between them.



Luna is shown having a dream with Queen Serenity. She follows Luna to a giant door and tells Luna not only to not venture further....but to completely forget that she saw it. I was so happy to see our gorgeous Queen Serenity!

In the morning Usagi is still there and it's made obvious that she stayed the whole night at Mamoru's...I'm convinced that they got it on!! *Insert creepy winky smilie/emoji here*.  But one thing I wonder...how did her parents allow her at 14 years old to sleep over her boyfriend's house??? She must have lied and said she was a friend's house. That or her parents must not care what she does. Chibi-Usa declares that she's going back to the 30th century and she wants Usagi and Mamoru to go with her. She uses the Space Time Key to transport herself, Sailor Moon, Sailor Venus, Tuxedo Mask, Luna and Artemis to travel to the future.




The Black Moon clan see/figure out that they all have traveled to the future. The Wise Man tells Prince Demande (He's so pretty *^*)  that now is the time to strike to obtain the crystal. Esmeraude volunteers for the task of attacking the senshi and obtaining the crystal.



Chibi-Usa, the cats and the senshi (yes, Tuxedo is a senshi to me!!) make it to the future but they lost Chibi-Usa.

Yes, this blog post absolutely needs both images of Pluto. We all must take a moment to admire her. DO IT!!! *^*


They come across the door from Luna's dream. Sailor Pluto, the guardian of time appears to protect it (FANGIRL SCREAM!!!). Sailor Pluto is the senshi that no one is supposed to see let alone know that she exists. I legit screamed seeing Pluto, Pluto is badass and fabulous!! I love her so much *^*.



She attacks the group with Dead scream. Pluto intends to kill them for time traveling (which is a big no no). But then Chibi-Usa comes running in and stops her. Pluto lectures Chibi-Usa for running away and time traveling, turns out Chibi-Usa wanted Sailor Moon's crystal thinking it would be more powerful than her own. Pluto is mad but very happy that Chibi-Usa is safe. Pluto and Chibi-Usa are fairly close and Pluto has a soft spot for the Small Lady. It is revealed that Chibi-Usa is a princess.



Pluto opens the door to the future and allows the group in. She asks Sailor Moon to protect the Small Lady. I need to mention the fact that the entire time, Mamoru is carrying Luna. It's the cutest thing!!! Sexy men with cute cats, I'm all for that *^*. They see the devastation of Crystal Tokyo and all of the dead. There is a huge black cluster of crystal in the center of the city.



Chibi-Usa sees the crystal and faints. A voice tells Mamoru to stay away from it. Chibi-Usa explains that there was a gigantic explosion that caused the destruction. The black crystal appeared after it and everyone but her collapsed from it. Chibi-Usa then runs towards the Crystal Palace, wanting to see her mother. Every single time that they said Crystal Palace in this episode (which was quite a few), I kept thinking of the 2nd Kuroshitsuji (Black Butler) musical. CRYSTAL PALACE!


[Here is the link to the above video for mobile users: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFZN53oKjYI ]



Suddenly the group finds themselves in the"Crystal Palace"....but it is fake and actually a trap set by the Boule brothers of the Black Moon, Chiral and Archial. They trap Sailor Moon, Venus, Tuxedo Mask, Chibi-Usa and the cats in crystal.


Her arm looks SO long in this picture O_O

 Sailor Moon tries to fight them with the moon rod...but it won't work!! Esmeraude appears and begins to taunt then torture them (that bitch).



A mysterious man...who we all know is King Endymion appears and tells Mamoru to pray to break the crystal. It works! The senshi attack and defeat the Boule brothers. Esmeraude flees.



They are then in the actual Crystal Palace. We see a huge cluster of crystals in the center. At first I thought it was like the Iron Throne from Game of Thrones but made of crystal. Hey it did resemble it! Neo Queen Serenity, Chibi-Usa's mother is actually trapped within the crystal.



Chibi-Usa's cat Diana ( And possible spoiler: Luna and Artemis' daughter) runs out.

You guys have no idea how hard I worked to get just this screen shot. Pathetically hard...but it's so cute!!!!

She then runs off towards a man....King Endymion! I made a noise resembling a Pterodactyl seeing him haha. First off, he was so cute with Diana!!!! Second, I love King Endymion *^* . Baby!!!!




This was a fantastic episode! So many important things happen. This was also a major fangirl episode! After all we not only see Pluto for the first time, but Diana, Neo Queen Serenity and King Endymion. We are near the finale of Sailor Moon Crystal. I'm so bummed because I love this show so much!! I really hope they announce soon that there will be more. They're crazy if they don't! This show is crazy popular and awesome. I can't wait for the next episode!! I hope you all enjoyed my spazzy recap of this latest episode!

Xoxo
Moon prism power makeup!



4 comments:

  1. Yeah they probably ****ed that night. Wasn't a scene like that in the manga? But yay! Pluto. Miss Not A Planet. Where's the other two? heh heh But good review. Very fangirl-y. heh heh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh they totally fucked lol. I went back and read the manga for this and it is made VERY obvious that they did! xD. There are a few scenes in the manga. There's one where they got it on and Usagi says she basically feels her unborn child. You can take away a woman's planetship but you CAN NOT take away her Senshiship!! They aren't coming yet. Lol get ready for tomorrow's post, even more fangirly.

      Delete
    2. Ha ha ha. And I saw that. I'm waiting for the only post that would be even more fangirl-y.

      Delete
    3. It was a good episode. Hmm...that may or may not be happening this week.

      Delete